Q: How many questions are there and how much time do I have in the CDCA Local anesthesia exam?
- There are 50 multiple-choice questions.
- Candidates are allowed 55 (fifty-five) minutes to complete the exam.
- All questions should be answered, as any question not answered is counted as incorrect.
Q: What types of questions will I see?
- Only multiple choice questions will be on the exam.
Q: What subject matters are included?
- Anatomy and neurophysiology
- Pharmacology of anesthetic agents and vasoconstrictors
- Local anesthetic technique
- Topical anesthetics
- Infection control
- Prevention, recognition and management of complications
Q: When can I take the CDCA local anesthesia exam?
- The CDCA does not enforce any time limit between when you take a Local Anesthesia course and when you take the Local Anesthesia exam.
- However, some states do have a time limit between completion of a course and taking the exam; double-check with your state board to be sure.
- Graduation or being in the senior or final year of a dental hygiene program accredited by the American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation (ADA/CODA) or by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada (CDAC) is required.
- Students who have not yet graduated may provide the Completion of Requirements form in the back of this manual, or a letter confirming that you are a second-year student in good standing.
Q: How do I register for the local anesthesia exam?
- Go to http://www.cdcaexams.org/apply and start an online profile.
- All photographs and documentation will be reviewed by staff at CDCA Central Office, generally within 10 business days.
- Once approved, log in and register for an exam. Do so by clicking on “Local Anesthesia” and then on “Register.”
- Select Prometric. Pay the fees (payments must be submitted within 72 hours of registering, or your registration will be canceled). An email will arrive within 5-7 business day.
- Proceed with the application with the authorization code. Use http://www.prometric.com or call the Prometric National Registration Number at 1-800-797- 1813 to select a testing center and time, using your Authorization Code. Make sure to select CDCA as the testing agency, not ADA.
Q: What is the passing grade?
- The passing grade is 75.
Q: Do I received a score or is it pass/fail for the CDCA local anesthesia exam?
- Only pass/fail report will be available to you.
Q: When are the results reported?
- Notification of earned test scores will be sent to candidates by email at the end of the first full week of the month following the month in which the exam was taken. Scores are sent to participating licensing jurisdictions before scores are sent to candidates.
Q: How much is the exam?
- $140: Local Anesthesia Computer Exam
Q: How can I cancel or reschedule the exam?
- Contact the Prometric website: www.prometric.com or the National Prometric Registration Center at 1-800-797-1813.
- Do NOT call the local Prometric center or CDCA Central Office.
- If you wish to cancel and/or reschedule, you must call at least 30 calendar days prior to the test date.
- If you call 5 to 29 days prior to the exam date, you will be charged a fee by Prometric. Current Fees can be found on CDCA's website under the Exam Info drop down menu than Prometric Info.
- If you call less than 5 calendar days prior to the test date or are more than 15 minutes late for the examination, the exam will be canceled, and your fee will be forfeit.
Q: What do I need to prepare the day of the exam?
- Two forms of identification are required, one with a recent picture and both with signatures. Acceptable forms of identification include: driver’s license, passport, student ID, military ID, employee ID, voter registration card, and even a credit card (if signed).
- If your name has recently changed due to marriage, divorce, or other legal reasons, you must provide a copy of the marriage certificate or court documents. An expired driver’s license or other expired ID (even if it expired the day before the exam) will not be accepted. All forms of ID must be current.
Q: If I have a question, who should I contact?
- email@example.com or call 301-563-3300.